Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cafe Gratitude

Saturday, October 23rd 2010




Exactly one year ago I wrote my husband for the very first time. I had no idea at the time that the person I was writing to would be my husband by June 2010. To celebrate the occasion, we had lunch at Cafe Gratitude in Berkley.

Breakfast: Buckwheat granola with homemade nutmilk topped with strawberries.




At Cafe Gratitude

Lunch: At cafe gratitude I was completely astonished by the number of things on the menu that sounded good. We ordered a seed-chip & dip appetizer, which I really loved. There were four large dehydrated seed chips in a dish with four different 'dips' somewhat mixed together, but mostly separate. There was a "bean dip" made up of seeds and spicy seasonings, a salsa of tomato and seasonings, a guacamole and a "sour cream" which was made up of nuts carefully prepared.

My main order was a "sun burger" which contained a "bun" made up of dehydrated seeds and such which was surprisingly soft and bun-like and a "burger" made up of similar ingredients which was also just as amazingly soft and delicious. It did taste like a burger, except better to my taste. There were also sliced cucumbers, lettuce, assorted greens, and onions which I piled onto the burger along with more guacamole. Imagine, a completely raw vegan burger!

For dessert, I ordered the only thing on their dessert menu that didn't contain agave, which was the coconut cream pie. I felt that the appetizer and meal was a good size for it's price, but despite how delicious the dessert was, I felt it was overpriced for its size.

Back At Home

Snack: Strawberry nutmilk smoothie with a small amount of kale.

Dinner: Strawberry, raspberry, mango, coconut nutmilk smoothie with a small amount of kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment