Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yellow Mango & Thyme Tea

Breakfast: A washed organic green apple and a sip of a raspberry (unsweetened) raw kombucha.

Brunch: Half a grapefruit.

Lunch: A smoothie with; raw nutmilk, a handful of fresh spinach, a kiwi, three spoonfuls of leftover banana buckwheat pudding, a handful of frozen raspberries, and some soaking mulberries including the water they soaked in.

Snack: An apple and a spoonful of almond butter.

Dinner: A salad and a tea.



The Salad: Butterleaf lettuce (about six leaves), avocado (about 60% of a whole), spinach, oregano (the leaves of four stems), thyme (the leaves of four stems), seven to nine seed chips (made from flax, tomato and other spices and seeds), half of a yellow mango (a much smaller mango than the orange variety -- surprisingly tangy and better than orange mango in my opinion), cucumber, and a little bit of chopped endive.

I also had a bite of asparagus. I learned today that I really dislike it. My husband's salad was the same except his had asparagus and celery on his as well, and much less lettuce and much more spinach and cucumber.

The Tea: Made from six stems of thyme and four stems of oregano and a bit of dried leaves from a tea called "Lung Ching Dragon Well" as well as some water that mulberries were soaked in. I added the water after the tea was only luke warm so as not to "cook" any element of the mulberry water. It tastes as though it had been very mildly sweetened with honey. I drank three cups.


That was a more satisfying dinner than I've had in a while. The desserts I make are wonderful, but sometimes they are so much work (since a lot of time is spent tasting and adjusting flavor, experimenting with texture, and clean up). And when I spent a long time making a dessert I don't really have the energy or motivation to make a salad, 'sandwich' or something else satisfying. Also, since my desserts are not overly sweet and tend to contain a lot of seeds, nuts and often soaked buckwheat oats or other wholesome things, they can be very filling. But regardless of how filling they are, nothing beats a very balanced meal full of variety, flavor and fresh greens.

Note: I took pictures but I have not uploaded them yet. If you've been following you may notice that I've been adding pictures to entries from two or three days ago quite regularly as I upload photos every two or three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment