Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ginger Snaps

Breakfast: Several leafs of lettuce, three raw ginger snaps, seeds, and spices.

Brunch: A smoothie consisting of a banana, coconut water, a little kale, a little broccoli, a little peeled cucumber, a handful of frozen blueberries, a little frozen peach, and half of a fresh peach.

Lunch: An interesting variation of my usual raw granola. Instead of using nutmilk I made a thin smoothie-like stuff from coconut juice, water and some ground flaxseed. I poured this on top of banana/raspberry/coconut/flax clusters and buckwheat groats with fresh sliced banana. Turned out pretty darn good.

Snack: Salsa (which my husband made) consisting of heirloom tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, cilantro, cayenne pepper and possibly a couple other things I don't recall since I'm not the one who made it. This salsa was piled atop seven or eight leaves of organic butterleaf lettuce.

Snack: An organic raw spirulina-seed bar.

Dinner: Coconut juice and fried plantaian. Yes, fried plantain. I did 1600 "count" in accordance with my fitness plan in order to "earn" it. (Which was a lot! And it was in addition to a walk to Whole Foods and back.) It wasn't even a large one. After being 100% raw for two months I took a short break for one meal to have one of the things I missed the most. Fried in olive oil, by the by. I guess that makes me 99% raw now or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment