Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blueberry Pandowdy

For the weekend, a friend of my husband and I came to visit from Boston. I gave her a small tour of my new raw food lifestyle over the weekend. She was delighted with my salads and kept saying "I can't believe how filling and wonderful the way you eat is!"








She and I split a watermelon slice, you can see half of it waiting for me in the background.





Soaked almonds have a very distinct look. I think they're prettier this way.


I made my own version of the blueberry "crumble" that I had at the Thanksgiving Potluck Feast. It came out quite delicious.


My friend was amazed that I could make smoothies that didn't include dairy that she liked. I supposed that this is because I made her smoothies containing nuts and coconut juice which add up to something somewhat similar to milk in terms of fats and sugar content and consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment